About Us

Much has changed since 1959 when PEL first started distributing O&P supplies. The industry has grown. Technology has changed. Products have evolved. There’s one thing that remains the same though – that’s our commitment to O&P practitioners, technicians and fitters. We’re here for them. To help them change lives. To give people their lives back.


Today, PEL distributes world-wide. We carry over 100,000 products from more than 250 companies. Our mission is simple – to provide the very best service in the industry. We do this by ensuring that every part we sell, every call we get, every question asked gets our full and undivided attention.


There are bigger O&P supply companies out there, sure. But you won’t find one that cares more about its customers than PEL. Or one that’s more reliable. Just ask the people who know us. Or better yet, get to know us yourself. We look forward to it.


Our beginning.
In 1945, Paul E. Leimkuehler lost his leg above the knee as a result of wounds suffered at the Battle of the Bulge during World War II. He eventually made his own prosthesis after persuading those in charge at the medical facility to allow him to assist in the limb and brace shop. In 1949, Paul became a Certified Prosthetist and opened his own business in Cleveland, Ohio. In 1959, he decided to open an O&P supply company and using his initials, called it PEL Supply Company. The rest, as they say, is history.